Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My dinner tonight...

I got the most AMAZING bunch of basil from our farmshare this week. Oh the smell has filled our house and it is wonderful. Well, Meme had sent along some yummy pesto which we gobbled up with pasta-so good. I had to think of something else to do with all that fantastic basil-so after searching around the internet I found a recipe for tomato basil pizza...basically margharita (sp??) pizza. I didn't have enough garlic or enough olive oil but it still turned out oh so good. I mean how can you mess up anything with basil garlic and olive oil---well Kelly you know how-1/2 cup of dry basil??? What were we thinking? Sorry John and Allyson for making your first pesto experience so awful. Any way I definitely recommend it...

the actual recipe is...
2 cups of basil
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tsp of salt
All mixed in a food processor.

But like I said I fudged it and it still tasted -\]
Enough for 2 9inch pizzas
.

Oil your pizza crust lightly with Olive Oil. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and add a few slices of fresh from the farm roma tomatoes. Cook at 425 for about 10 mins.
Take out of the oven and dot with the basil mixture. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese...OH SO YUMMY!

Great with some Char-dough-nay or a beer. Add a salad if you are looking for a bigger meal.

OH MAN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Basil is God's gift to foodies, as is Cilantro!

Anonymous said...

Did you save a piece for me?

The Iron Squirrel said...

god I remember that horrific mess you made right before my riding lesson back when I was what? 8? Funny story though. thanks for keeping my mind of the current situation. improving steadily, day by day