Friday, July 13, 2007

Today was the last day for Ella at camp. They had a ceremony to end their time together and to make their fairy names official. So for evermore, Ella's fairy name is Tinkerbell. Tonight we decided to do all that Ella had learned or at least what she told me she learned.
We started with mixing water and rosemary to keep the bad fairies away. And then we rubbed the leaves on our body...the water soaks into our skin and protects us for up to 5 days.





Then we got the offering plate and put a couple pieces of raspberry on the plate to see if we could get the fairies to leave us something.


And at dinner, we did the fairy chant to summon the fairies. So it is pretty much a given that a fairy will come tonight. We lit the candle she got and said the chant below. Very cute...Ella said the chant with her eyes closed and very quietly after me.


Here are her fairy wings she painted...


Overall, the week was AWESOME! The teacher AWESOME! She runs a pre-school in kennebunk and has for 20 years. I think we found the spot for Molly. Of course for next sept. not this sept. I hope it works out. Anyway, I am sure we will do camp there next year! What a great thing! And a great place!

1 comment:

The Iron Squirrel said...

I am glad your weeks was awesome dear sister. Did you see Kelly made me a shout-out? Also, I love rosemary on everything...taters...bread...chicken...any food. SO I will be posting lo-cal recipes on my blog. The s'more one is sooooo good. Only like 150 calories and so so good!!!!!!!


Love ya
A