Friday, July 13, 2007

Thank You

This shout out goes to friends and family that have supported me in my fundraising efforts. I am just about half way there to my goal of $2,200. I am going through waves of excitement, disbelief, discouragement, encouragement and hope for this huge event. I know that all of the feelings are coming up because I am doing something I am totally and completely uncomfortable with and am really unsure of whether I can do it.
My training has been involving my runs and newly added regime of weight training. Tomorrow I am doing a 7 mile walk. That is daunting---can I really do 20 miles? These are the thoughts that go through my head. I am excited that Phil and Sri will probably be able to make it down to Atlanta for the closing ceremony on Sunday. That makes me happy-Yeah Phil and Sri!

So anyway-enough babbling. Thank you all of you for your support!

2 comments:

the roe family said...

i KNOW you can do this and am so proud of you for going for it. scary can be good. it keeps us real. thanks for the call this morning. it made my day!

Anonymous said...

20 miles is nothing, girl! You could probably even do 30... ;-)