Sunday, September 16, 2007

Woo! Date Night

Steve and I had a night on the town last night. We had a great night. We started thinking we wanted to go for a fancy dinner, but then the idea of a comfy night seemed the right way to go. So we had a little pizza at Flatbread and then spent the rest of the night walking around and finished the night at the Press Room.

Remember this place-sigh is it wrong that I miss that apartment?
\

A stop at River Run Bookstore...


I love this store. And really you gotta...


And this is really why I love going out in Portsmouth. You can always count on seeing people who make you smile. And sometimes worlds collide. Michael, Nick and the Mayor of Portsmouth, aka Pete. We all collided outside the bookstore.

Stepped inside for a few minutes of the Mayor's band. They were good.


Drinking a sexy drink...trying to look sexy...


Steve is not drinking a sexy drink...but still trying to look sexy.


Finally, the much elusive Fresca face that we tried to capture this summer at the cottage. Captured at the Press Room just thinking of Fresca.


A lot of laughing and silently judging people-maybe not so silently. But readers, really I know it is not nice, but sometimes people scream to be judged. And really what does my judgment matter to them. Especially since it is silent. I saw a t-shirt once that said "I am silently judging you" I loved that t-shirt, but thought it unwise to get that t-shirt because it would blow my cover. That is my weakness. I can't promise that I will stop.
Steve ran into a bunch of people from Hampton Falls. BIG trip down memory lane for him. The new crew of young hip kids that are populating the Press Room was fun to see. Realizing we are just a cog in the wheel of Portsmouth's social scene. Reassuring that we still know people, that not everyone has left for different worlds. That many still love to call Portsmouth home. I think someday we will call it home again too...for now just a much loved destination.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear....
The FRESCA Face is the face made after one tastes FRESCA for the first time. It is a face of uncertain discomfort.

the roe family said...

HOT-HOT-HOT! That is what you two are.
Perhaps the above pics are not appropriate for the family blog i thought this was supposed to be...
OR maybe they are just what your readers are secretly desiring???
FRESCA - oh sooo yummy and best paired with malibuuuuu

Barngirl said...

Do you think that fresca and malibu is appropriate for hydrating during our walk?

The Iron Squirrel said...

OH MY GOD...I am so pleased to see the old apartment. Mike and I will be spending the majority of our winter vacation in between Boston and Maine. We will definitely be going to Portsmouth. I cant wait. I miss it SO MUCH.

Kelly Elizabeth said...

You guys are too cute.

I love that you take pictures of every moment... even shopping... its consuming having a blog ... but totally fun for your readers!

Barngirl said...

It misses you Ally.

Thank you for noticing the effort Kelly. And thank you for noticing we are cute.

the roe family said...

for sure!! i am considering fresca in my "hydration pack"

Jules said...

What a sweet little post. Your town looks so cute and comfy. I also think you and your husband are adorable. :)