Saturday, September 01, 2007

A 3 Hour....Walk

This morning with some help and understanding of the fam, I completed a three hour walk. Well, more like a 2 hour and 40 minute walk. I stopped at the library to use the bathroom and the ladies wanted to chat, of course. I did alright. I walked a little over 10 miles. I was going for 12 today but I ran out of time. Steve had to work today-some body's got to. About 10 minutes in I reached for my ipod and realized I had left it sitting on the counter. Thankfully, I have a loving husband-who about half way through drove it to me. It saved me at the end. But along the way I took some pictures to occupy my thoughts and wandering mind.

The Beautiful Sky and typical landscape which surrounds me.


This is my favorite house on our road, besides ours of course. I just love it. Barns, outbuilding, sits right on the river. Great place.


These are the ugly things I saw on my walk-but not the ugliest-soiled boxers-I spared you a visual.


For a moment, I was tempted...


Lookin' Good Billy Ray-Feelin' Good Lewis! -Name that movie-
Me at Mile 7 or so.


The tunes at the end of the walk-
Amy-Marshall Tucker or something like that
Your still the One-Some 70s band-played it at our wedding when Steve presented me with the Fingers. Love it because of that.
Beast of Burden-Stones
You can't Always Get What you Want-Stones
Intergalactic-Beastie Boys
Just Like Heaven-Cure
Rudy-The Specials
Touch the Sky-Kanye West
Saturday Morning-The Eels (because it was)
Heaven, Until She Comes, The Ghost in You-Psychedelic Furs-Sigh
To Be Alone with YOU-Sufjan Stevens (beautiful song-made me teary the first time I listened to the words


I sang all of them really loud. Nice. Especially Amy-I think I sound really good on that one. You know that one come on-AMY, whatch you wanna do? I think I could stay with you for a while maybe longer if I DOOOOOOO.

Time to go to the grocery store...

9 comments:

Lori said...

Go Beth go! That's awesome- sounds like a great walk. I also love to sing, really loudly, whenever I can. I think I sound fantastic. And I know the Amy song you're talking about- we used to sing it to my friend Amy when we worked together. It's a good one for car singing, or along walking singing. hee hee!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a long walk. And the line is from 'Trading Places'. Classic film, really.

the roe family said...

10 miles - woo -woo! you've got to feel good about that bethers. how are the tootsies? any blisters to report?

Barngirl said...

Thanks Guys! Good thinking Phil!

Sarah-NO blisters-I love my new socks.
Asics-Hera HIGHLY recommend them

My feet were sore/tired. A nice soak and they felt much better.

Woo HOO

Kelly Elizabeth said...

SOOOOOO GREAT! YOU ARE GREAT! The socks are asics? I am going to need exact name... I need new socks. I love that you brought your camera... were you wearing a fanny pack????

therese said...

Awesome! You're going to do so well on the big walk! You should bring the Fingers to Atlanta with you!

Also- Pure Prairie League sings Amy. But I think they spell it with a lot of extra vowels.

Colleen said...

You are so lucky that that's all the ugly you saw on your walk. I did the same length of a walk on Friday and saw much much more fuggitude! Got me a bunch of material for Abandoned Baton Rouge and probably almost got heatstroke.

The Iron Squirrel said...

Mikey tried to leave the comment that the movie is Trading Places but it didnt post. I commented that I havent seen that movie, so we are going out to rent it....

Barngirl said...

Yikes Colleen! I am likin' the Abandoned BR. Very sordid and seedy.

Mike-yeah right-sure you did. :)