Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I can only laugh...

Parent conference night and I was being gratious starting a conversation with a parent. I finished the conversation and walked away. As I was walking by her on my way back to my office she grabbed my hand and said....drumroll please...in a hushed whisper...like we were going to be in this together...we can rejoice and celebrate after she hears the word she is so sure is yes..."Beth, are you pregnant?" Hammer falling.
"Oh no", I respond. "Oh, it is just baby weight that I have yet to lose." So red faces all around. BUT my friends...it doesn't end there. OH NO!
She then continues...completely straight faced with care and concern, "Are you sure it is not a tumor."

I wish I was kidding.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beth-you are a blogger of the finest type-reporting the good the bad and the ugly! i just wonder what in the world that lady was thinking...and if she's given her comment a second thought. i know that an "i'm sorry" won't help... but I AM SOO SORRY!

Barngirl said...

Thanks Sarah...but don't feel sorry for me...I just consider the source.

Anonymous said...

gotcha! one those huh!

The Iron Squirrel said...

HEY! This just in.... PEOPLE SUCK. Not just out here in the west (although it seems like everyone out here is ENTITLED to their suckiness) people just suck in general. With the exception of our very immediate family. :)

Anonymous said...

Hummmmm!
Now that was one rude b--ch!
Too stupid to apologize, and you wonder how the kids get so messed up?
In any case, time to get to work on making that baby fat go away.
It's time