Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ella's 4 leaf clover

I am not sure that my words will fully explain the emotion surrounding these pictures. But I am going to try because it was such an emotional situation. I pulled into the driveway this afternoon and all the girls came running, as usual. Today Ella ran excitedly because she had found a 4 LEAF CLOVER...honest too goodness. We all started saying our good-byes to AprilGraceandLeah and Ella was leaning over the flower beds looking at more clover. "OH NO" She suddenly screamed out. The 4 leaf clover was gone. She had dropped it. So for 5 tense minutes we all searched in vain with Ella wailing..."oh dear now I have lost my luck...oh dear, I am not lucky anymore". April, Grace, and I tried offering every condolence we could think of but nothing would soothe those tears. I tried to give April and the girls an out and was trying to think desperately about how I could come up with something to make her feel better when suddenly I saw it. Crumbled on the ground near the stone wall. Could it really be? Yes! It was! I started jumping up and down and Ella crumbled into my body and arms crying with joy and happiness, saying over and over..."Oh Mommy, Oh Mommy...giggle, giggle." So then I was crying because she was so overcome by it all. So we said bleary eyed goodbyes to our friends and ran in and took pictures. I would say that I am the lucky one!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great post. i was holding my breath as i read.
and indeed you are a lucky lady as are ella and molly to have such a special momma!

Anonymous said...

Now your making me all bleary eyed!
Miss you guys, tell the girls I say hi.

Colleen said...

Awesome. Only kids would have the free time to actually find a four-leaf clover.

Jules said...

Aww that is so sweet. I bet motherhood is full of sweet little moments you cherish forever like that. :) I look forward to it.