Friday, March 02, 2007

Sisterly Love


As Molly approaches 2, the temper tantrums have increased and the reasons for the tamtrums sillier. This morning Steve washing Molly's hands after blueberry pancakes for breakfast set her in a tizzy. She was over by the piano wailing and screaming. Ella asked if she could be excused to go sit on the couch. She left the table and as she turned the corner into the living room the wails for Dora and NO DADDY turned into I WANT ELLA! Without seeing what was happening you could tell what was happening. Molly's cries and screaming settled as I am sure Ella gave her a big hug and then we heard Ella quietly say to her, Daddy only wanted to wash your hands. Molly replied with saying quietly, I watch Dora, Ella? Ella replied, Maybe later Molly. "Okay, Ella."

My heart melted and I felt the love between these girls so intensely.

Of course now they are sitting in the bath and the squabbles have started about what toy is the most fun to play with, but I know that there is something strong and that will overcome all the squabbles.

1 comment:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

I LOVE these stories... you probably could report one from every day.. goose bumps.