Friday, November 16, 2007

My week-

For a short work week, it sure felt long. Everyday was boiling over with kids, parents, and teachers looking to find answers-holding me to task. I am happy that the week is at an end. Happy, even more because my hubbie is not working, AT ALL, this weekend. Marvelous Tasha and Mishka are coming over to baby-sit so Steve and I can do a little Christmas Shopping and go out for dinner! TWO weekends in a row!!! Can you even believe it? I can't.

Right now I am watching Evening, eating Pirate's Booty, and drinking a glass of wine in my jammies, of course. A perfect end to a crazy week.

Last night's Office-best one this season. I am a simple woman.

I think a few of us are going to read Oprah's Book Club book. Ken Follett-Pillars of What? Truth? or something like that. I have a couple books on the table because of our Girls Point of View Book Club at school. The girls and I are reading StarGirl-FABULOUS BOOK-I have read it twice already. Plus we are Just Kidding-A Beacon St. Girls Book...I am not a fan. True Chick Lit! I am glad we are going to be talking about it. I felt so much pressure reading the first thirty pages to be beautiful in a casual, easy way-smart, clever, artistic, atheletic, and the best of friend to all my friends. A WHOLE lot of pressure. And I am 36.

Today-one day at work-I met with a girl dealing with depression from being abused by her father, met with an inconsolable 12 year boy, who hates his life and would hurt himself with a knife in the kitchen drawer and his mother, and took a 16 year old girl who is pregnant to a group home for a visit. I mean-what else is there? There was a group of 6th graders that made me laugh with their stories of Thanksgiving Day traditions and grandmothers.

It is cold out here in Maine. The wind is blowing and as the first really cold night, the house is having a hard time staying warm. But I am looking forward to the season. I am ready to hibernate.

I am Thankful for my husband, my daughters, my fam, Netflix, peppermint patties, red wine, and cozy jambams. Happy Holiday Season-Break out the Christmas Music (Sarah), deck the halls and be Thankful.

Overheard this week.
"I am thankful for Molly, my family, and books." Ella
"Ella" "Yes, Molly." "I love you." "I love you too, Molly."

1 comment:

therese said...

I agree- last week's Office was great.

And Ella and Molly keep getting more awesome. Good job.