Thursday, January 04, 2007

What I have done today...

1. Woke up late
2. Got breakfast for the girls and I, made my lunch and left for work...late.
3. Got to school...late.
4. Talked with George about our agenda for Student Council.
5. Listened to Jacob read braille for the morning announcement. It was very inspiring/moving, etc...
6. Wrote a bunch of emails-coordinating my career day I am organizing for April, parents, teachers, PTO president
7. Made a bunch of phone calls-superintendent re: expelled 8th grader making plans to get him back in school. Parents re: struggling son. Another guidance counselor re: transferred students medms number.
8. Chatted with another teacher about being a working mother.
9. Spoke with curriculum coordinator about organizing NAEP assessment.
10. Met up with Sped teachers to give them questionaires to fill out for NAEP assessment.
11. Wrote parent letter for the principal about NAEP.
12. Lunch with a group of 4th grade girls. Actually very fun! Missing two girls who have a tendency to make it not so much fun.
13. Met with Principal and Superintendent about expelled student. And student trying to enroll in our school who does not live in our district, but used to and is wreaking havoc in our community on weekends because his parents drop him off on friday afternoons and pick him up on Sunday-14 years old.
14. Ate my lunch while entering MEDMS information on new and exited students.
15. Read Kelly's Blog
16. Checked my bank account balance
17. Spent 8th grade learning lab with 2 of my favorite 8th graders. Listening to music and helping with homework. And writing this list while I was waiting for them to finish stuff.
18. Now I must finish so I can attend to homeroom and checking with another student. Then it is Student Council Meeting after school and FINALLY HOME!

Hope you enjoyed this snapshot into a day in a life as a guidance counselor...

1 comment:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that you are so busy with important stuff... superintendents, NAEP... etc... and MY BLOG is in there... everyone should make reading my blog part of their day... JK... too much pressure to keep it fresh! LOVE YOU GUYS.
Kelly