Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Beth the Bread-Maker


Driving in the car the other day, Ella told her friend that I was a bread maker. Steve ,of course, piped in...Yep and I am a bread winner...har har. I love making bread. I have made anadama, french, oatmeal molasses, and recently three loaves of yummy decadent more like a dessert cinnamon raisin bread.

Everytime I get out a packet of yeast my heart races and I get a little bit of a thrill. I love pouring it into the water and Ella and I will stand over it watching it froth. It is so fascinating and it smells yummy.

So my advice to you is to take some time this weekend and make some bread. Find a simple two step recipe...Betty Crocker has a great recipe for oatmeal molasses bread which is low-fat, and YUMMY with any kind of stew or soup...we had it with Pot Roast. You don't have to spend the whole day letting it rise, rise time is only 45 minutes. You will be happy you did. I guarantee it!

No comments: